Thursday, April 28, 2011

stanza in a poem

stanza in a poem





stanza in a poem stanza in a poem stanza in a poem



stanza in a poem stanza in a poem stanza in a poem







I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf, 1974



Which Christmas is the most vivid to me? It's always the next Christmas. ~Joanne Woodward Which is worse, screwing an intern or screwing the country? ~Author Unknown



The sewing machine joins what the scissors have cut asunder, plus whatever else comes in its path. ~Mason Cooley



Every man is the architect of his own fortune. ~Sallust



I consider it a good rule for letter-writing to leave unmentioned what the recipient already knows, and instead tell him something new. ~Sigmund Freud



Shall I not have intelligence with the earth? Am I not partly leaves and vegetable mould myself. ~Henry David Thoreau



The astrologer who spells the stars, mistakes his globes, and in her bright eye interprets heaven's physiognomies. ~John Cleveland



When a thing has been said and said well, have no scruple. Take it and copy it. ~Anatole France



People are living longer than ever before, a phenomenon undoubtedly made necessary by the 30-year mortgage. ~Doug Larson



In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. ~Genesis 3:19



Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. ~Vince McKewin, from the movie The Replacements



In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and cahins. Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale. ~Stephen Phillips



It is necessary to distinguish between the virtue and the vice of obedience. ~Lemuel K. Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays, 1911



Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. ~Andre Gide



Opie, you haven't finished your milk. We can't put it back in the cow, you know. ~Aunt Bee Taylor, The Andy Griffith Show



A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long. ~e.e. cummings



It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood. ~Karl Popper, Unended Quest



If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex? ~Art Hoppe



A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring. ~The Collected Later Poems of William Carlos Williams



I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones. ~John Cage

No comments:

Post a Comment