training day quotes
The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive. ~John Sladek
Depression is rage spread thin. ~George Santayana
I don't think it is so much the actual bath that most cats dislike; I think it's the fact that they have to spend a good part of the day putting their hair back in place. ~Debbie Peterson
It is such a secret place, the land of tears. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince It is such a secret place, the land of tears. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince
The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money. ~Author Unknown
A gifted small girl has explained that pins are a great means of saving life, "by not swallowing them." ~Charles Edward Montague, Dramatic Values
All problems become smaller if you don't dodge them but confront them. ~William F. Halsey
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline... ~Abraham J. Heschel
Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover. ~Homer Simpson, The Simpsons
I try not to break the rules, but merely to test their elasticity. ~Bill Veeck
Reading about baseball is a lot more interesting than reading about chess, but you have to wonder: Don't any of these guys ever go fishing? ~Dave Shiflett, quoted in Houston Chronicle, 29 April 1990
Once one has seen God, what is the remedy? ~Sylvia Plath, "Mystic"
Men are not prisoners of fate, but prisoners of their own minds. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
I trade sweat for strength. I trade doubt for belief. I trade cheerleading for nothing. ~Author Unknown
Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let me label you as they may. ~Mark Twain
God has not called us to see through each other, but to see each other through. ~Author Unknown
Bound as our lives are to the tyranny of time, it is through what we know of history that we are delivered from our bonds and escape - into time. ~A.L. Rowse, The Use of History
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included. ~Bernard Manning
We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way. ~Author Unknown
God's mill grinds slow, but sure. ~George Herbert
No comments:
Post a Comment