valentine day top 10 sweet love quotes
On this shrunken globe, men can no longer live as strangers. ~Adlai E. Stevenson
It is human nature to stand in the middle of a thing. ~Mariane Moore, "A Grave," Collected Poems, 1951
She gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket. ~Raymond Chandler
I am not eccentric. It's just that I am more alive than most people. I am an unpopular electric eel set in a pond of goldfish. ~Dame Edith Sitwell
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. ~Albert Camus
I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound; if I can remember any of the damned things. ~Dorothy Parker
A life without cause is a life without effect. ~Barbarella
The insufferable arrogance of human beings to think that Nature was made solely for their benefit, as if it was conceivable that the sun had been set afire merely to ripen men's apples and head their cabbages. ~Savinien de Cyrano de Bergerac, Etats et empires de la lune, 1656
Availability is better than ability for God. ~Author Unknown
The idea is to die young as late as possible. ~Ashley Montagu The idea is to die young as late as possible. ~Ashley Montagu
I am getting old and the sign of old age is that I begin to philosophize and ponder over problems which should not be my concern at all. ~Jawaharlal Nehru
Quote A: �Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing, but nobody else does.� ~Steuart Henderson Britt
Nobody has ever before asked the nuclear family to live all by itself in a box the way we do. With no relatives, no support, we've put it in an impossible situation. ~Margaret Mead
The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. ~Edgar Allan Poe, Marginalia, 1849
Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~Author Unknown
Success is due less to ability than to zeal. ~Charles Buxton
The sky was dark and gloomy, the air was damp and raw, the streets were wet and sloppy. The smoke hung sluggishly above the chimney-tops as if it lacked the courage to rise, and the rain came slowly and doggedly down, as if it had not even the spirit to pour. ~Charles Dickens
The best things in life are unexpected - because there were no expectations. ~Eli Khamarov, Surviving on Planet Reebok
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent. ~John Donne
I am not interested in picking up crumbs of compassion thrown from the table of someone who considers himself my master. I want the full menu of rights. ~Bishop Desmond Tutu, quoted in You Said a Mouthful edited by Ronald D. Fuchs
No comments:
Post a Comment