Saturday, April 16, 2011

valentines poems for your boyfriend

valentines poems for your boyfriend





valentines poems for your boyfriend valentines poems for your boyfriend valentines poems for your boyfriend



valentines poems for your boyfriend valentines poems for your boyfriend valentines poems for your boyfriend







Promises may fit the friends, but non-performance will turn them into enemies. ~Benjamin Franklin



The public health authorities never mention the main reason many Americans have for smoking heavily, which is that smoking is a fairly sure, fairly honorable form of suicide. ~Kurt Vonnegut



God has two dwellings; one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart. ~Izaak Walton



Being perfect artists and ingenuous poets, the Chinese have piously preserved the love and holy cult of flowers; one of the very rare and most ancient traditions which has survived their decadence. And since flowers had to be distinguished from each other, they have attributed graceful analogies to them, dreamy images, pure and passionate names which perpetuate and harmonize in our minds the sensations of gentle charm and violent intoxication with which they inspire us. So it is that certain peonies, their favorite flower, are saluted by the Chinese, according to their form or color, by these delicious names, each an entire poem and an entire novel: The Young Girl Who Offers Her Breasts, or: The Water That Sleeps Beneath the Moon, or: The Sunlight in the Forest, or: The First Desire of the Reclining Virgin, or: My Gown Is No Longer All White Because in Tearing It the Son of Heaven Left a Little Rosy Stain; or, even better, this one: I Possessed My Lover in the Garden. ~"The Garden," Chapter 5



I say to my child, I will explain to you as much of life as I can, but you must remember that there is a part of life for which you are the explanation. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com



Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history. ~James Dickey



If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost. ~Lloyd Douglas



I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up. ~Mark Twain, "The Innocents Abroad"



The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions. The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": fighting, fleeing, feeding, and mating. ~Marvin Dunnette



For 200 years we've been conquering Nature. Now we're beating it to death. ~Tom McMillan, quoted in Francesca Lyman, The Greenhouse Trap, 1990



I calculated the total time that humans have waited for web pages to load. It cancels out all the productivity gains of the information age. Sometimes I think the web is a big plot to keep people like me away from normal society. ~Scott Adams



The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers



The sky is the part of creation in which nature has done for the sake of pleasing man. ~John Ruskin



Generosity is not giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is giving me that which you need more than I do. ~Kahlil Gibran



The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice. ~Mark Twain, Following the Equator



Is man one of God's blunders, or is God one of man's blunders? ~Friedrich Nietzsche



A library is but the soul's burial-ground. It is the land of shadows. ~Henry Ward Beecher



I never would believe that Providence had sent a few men into the world, ready booted and spurred to ride, and millions ready saddled and bridled to be ridden. ~Richard Rumbold, 1685



Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back. ~Author Unknown



Idleness is the beginning of all vices. ~Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment