very sad quotes for broken hearts
Sometimes I think it should be a rule of war that you have to see somebody up close and get to know him before you can shoot him. ~Colonel Potter
Many a one cannot loosen his own fetters, but is nevertheless his friend's emancipator. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum. ~Havelock Ellis, The Dance of Life, 1923
In Mexico we have a word for sushi: bait. ~Jose Simons
I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse. I only owe it to the horse's good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment. ~Ludwig Wittgenstein
Having spent the better part of my life trying either to relive the past or experience the future before it arrives, I have come to believe that in between these two extremes is peace. ~Author Unknown
It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived. ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 11
Watching a spring training game is as exciting as watching a tree form its annual ring. ~Jerry Izenberg
It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens. ~Cynthia E. Varnado
A sweating ovary or a sick prostate explains most history. ~Martin H. Fischer
God may forgive your sins, but your nervous system won't. ~Alfred Korzyybski
Why doesn't the fellow who says, "I'm no speechmaker," let it go at that instead of giving a demonstration? ~Kin Hubbard
Men never do evil so thoroughly and cheerfully as when they do it for conscience sake. ~Blaise Pascal, Pensees, 1670
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. ~Edmund Burke
Being an author is having angels whisper in your ear - and devils, too. ~Terri Guillemets
True eloquence forgoes eloquence. ~Andre Gide
They turned the country up on its side, and everything loose fell into California. ~Author Unknown
The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. ~Warren G. Bennis
Benjamin Franklin: "And that means that as a nation, we could go to war with whomever we wished, but at the same time act like we didn't want to. If we allow the people to protest what the government does, then the country will be forever blameless."
God touched our hearts so deep inside, our special blessing multiplied. ~Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment