Saturday, April 16, 2011

wallpapers of quotes on attitude

wallpapers of quotes on attitude





wallpapers of quotes on attitude wallpapers of quotes on attitude wallpapers of quotes on attitude



wallpapers of quotes on attitude wallpapers of quotes on attitude wallpapers of quotes on attitude







Don't tell my mother I work in an advertising agency - she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse. ~Jacques Seguela



Hope deceives more men than cunning does. ~Vauvenargues, Reflections and Maxims, 1746



Decaf is like masturbating with an oven mitt! ~Robin Williams



Maxim: a concisely expressed principle or rule of conduct, or a statement of a general truth; a saying of proverbial nature.



It needs to become as easy to get hold of a condom in a poor country as Coca-Cola. ~Clare Short



Farmer: "You should have seen how he treated them when I wasn't around."



Writing, I think, is not apart from living. Writing is a kind of double living. The writer experiences everything twice. Once in reality and once in that mirror which waits always before or behind. ~Catherine Drinker Bowen, Atlantic, December 1957



He who does not know foreign languages does not know anything about his own. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Kunst and Alterthum



Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"



I am a man, and alive.... For this reason I am a novelist. And being a novelist, I consider myself superior to the saint, the scientist, the philosopher, and the poet, who are all great masters of different bits of man alive, but never get the whole hog. ~D.H. Lawrence, preface to Shestov, All Things Are Possible, 1938



Confession is good for the conscience, but it usually bypasses the soul. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960



With this humble instrumentality did it please Providence to prepare the theatre for those events by which a new dispensation of liberty was to be communicated to man. ~Edward Everett



Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds. ~JoJo Jensen, Dirt Farmer Wisdom, 2002



History is the sum total of the things that could have been avoided. ~Konrad Adenauer



It is better to be bold than too circumspect, because fortune is of a sex which likes not a tardy wooer and repulses all who are not ardent. ~Machiavelli



Undoubtedly the desire for food has been and still is one of the main causes of political events. ~Bertrand Russell



Curmudgeon: anyone who hates hypocrisy and pretense and has the temerity to say so; anyone with the habit of pointing out unpleasant facts in an engaging and humorous manner (source: Portable Curmudgeon Redux, Jon Winokur).



There were two kinds of physicists in Berlin: on the one hand there was Einstein, and on the other all the rest. ~Rudolph Ladenburg



Wherever I sat - on the deck of a ship or at a street cafe in Paris or Bangkok - I would be sitting under the same glass bell jar, stewing in my own sour air. ~Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar, Chapter 15



Confidence and hope do more good than physic. ~Galen

No comments:

Post a Comment