why i love you poems for him
Thinking is like loving and dying. Each of us must do it for himself. ~Josiah Royce
Computers, huh? I've heard it all boils down to just a bunch of ones and zeroes.... I don't know how that enables me to see naked women, but however it works, God bless you guys. ~From the television show King of Queens, spoken by the character Doug Heffernan
I don't paint things. I only paint the difference between things. ~Henri Matisse
Integrity has no need of rules. ~Albert Camus
To use five crayons. Maybe, not.
What a miserable thing life is: you're living in clover, only the clover isn't good enough. ~Bertolt Brecht
Originally marriage meant the sale of a woman by one man to another; now most women sell themselves though they have no intention of delivering the goods listed in the bill of sale. ~Robert Graves
Christianity, with its roots in Judaism, was a major factor in the development of the Western worldview.... A basic Christian belief was that God gave humans dominion over creation, with the freedom to use the environment as they saw fit. Another important Judeo-Christian belief predicted that God would bring a cataclysmic end to the Earth sometime in the future. One interpretation of this belief is that the Earth is only a temporary way station on the soul's journey to the afterlife. Because these beliefs tended to devalue the natural world, they fostered attitudes and behaviors that had a negative effect on the environment. ~Donald G. Kaufman and Cecilia M. Franz, Biosphere 2000: Protecting Our Global Environment, 1996
Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic. ~Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin, 1973 Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic. ~Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin, 1973
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~Susan Ertz, Anger in the Sky
We are always getting ready to live but never living. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law. ~Psalms 119:109
Liberalism is, I think, resurgent. One reason is that more and more people are so painfully aware of the alternative. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, New York Times, 8 October 1989
America is a large friendly dog in a small room. Every time it wags its tail it knocks over a chair. ~Arnold Toynbee
Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny. ~Edmund Burke
Whatever you may be sure of, be sure of this: That you are dreadfully like other people. ~James Russell Lowell, "Democracy Address," Birmingham, England, 6 October 1884
Everyday people are straying away from the church and going back to God. ~Lennie Bruce, The Essential Lennie Bruce, 1972
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy. ~W.C. Fields
Not... what opinions are held, but... how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, liberal opinions are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment. ~Bertrand Russell, Unpopular Essays, 1950
The joy of music should never be interrupted by a commercial. ~Leonard Bernstein
No comments:
Post a Comment