Saturday, April 30, 2011

wilfred owen poems

wilfred owen poems





wilfred owen poems wilfred owen poems wilfred owen poems



wilfred owen poems wilfred owen poems wilfred owen poems







The neurotic usually obeys his own Golden Rule: Hate thy neighbor as thyself. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966



I like to think of thoughts as living blossoms borne by the human tree. ~James Douglas



In the central place of every heart there is a recording chamber. So long as it receives a message of beauty, hope, cheer, and courage - so long are you young. When the wires are all down and our heart is covered with the snow of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, then, and only then, are you grown old. ~Douglas MacArthur



Susan: "Sally, does it ever occur to you that age brings wisdom and greater confidence?"



I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything. ~John Steinbeck



I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. ~Georgia O'Keeffe



The man who looks for security, even in the mind, is like a man who would chop off his limbs in order to have artificial ones which will give him no pain or trouble. ~Henry Miller



Worry bankrupts the spirit. ~Berri Clove



Sometimes he curls up on my pillow during the night and I don't know he's there until I yawn and my mouth closes on a whisker. ~Astrid Alauda



Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. ~Mary C. Crowley



A library is thought in cold storage. ~Herbert Samuel



People change and forget to tell each other. ~Lillian Hellman



The outward man is the swinging door; the inner man is the still hinge. ~Eckhart



There is no one who does not exaggerate. In conversation, men are encumbered with personality, and talk too much. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer



While on a ladder, never step back to admire your work. ~Author Unknown



You must lose a fly to catch a trout. ~George Herbert



The insufferable arrogance of human beings to think that Nature was made solely for their benefit, as if it was conceivable that the sun had been set afire merely to ripen men's apples and head their cabbages. ~Savinien de Cyrano de Bergerac, Etats et empires de la lune, 1656



Live in rooms full of light. ~Cornelius Celsus



Lo! Men have become the tools of their tools. ~Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment