amore logo
The thing I'm most thankful for right now is elastic waistbands. ~Author Unknown
A woman is as young as her knees. ~Mary Quant
A blogger is an average person who happens to have a need to count his friends every half hour. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter; to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal. ~Author Unknown
It is a revenge the devil sometimes takes upon the virtuous, that he entraps them by the force of the very passion they have suppressed and think themselves superior to. ~George Santayana
The trouble with resisting temptation is it may never come your way again. ~Korman's Law
Nowadays most men lead lives of noisy desperation. ~James Thurber, Further Fables for Our Time, 1956
One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Roycroft Dictionary and Book of Epigrams, 1923
Some people talk about finding God - as if He could get lost. ~Author Unknown
The chicken came first - God would look silly sitting on an egg. ~Author Unknown
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved. ~J. Russel Lynes
I never had any other desire so strong, and so like to covetousness, as that one which I have had always, that I might be master at last of a small house and a large Garden. ~Abraham Cowley, The Garden, 1666
For me, yoga is not just a workout - it's about working on yourself. ~Mary Glover, "Health Profile: Yoga leaves aches and pains behind," Arizona Republic, 6 April 2004 (page E3, article by Connie Midey)
The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson
I'm a material girl - want to see my fabric collection? ~Author Unknown
It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself. ~Joyce Maynard
Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching? ~Dennis and Wendy Mannering
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
Life has meaning only if one barters it day by day for something other than itself. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
No comments:
Post a Comment