break up poems for guys
If you have a web site, it makes your small business look big. ~Natalie Sequera
If anyone has conducted a Beethoven performance, and then doesn't have to go to an osteopath, then there's something wrong. ~Simon Rattle
We hit the sunny beaches where we occupy ourselves keeping the sun off our skin, the saltwater off our bodies, and the sand out of our belongings. ~Erma Bombeck
A good digestion turneth all to health. ~George Herbert, "The Church Porch," The Temple, 1633
I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want - an adorable pancreas? ~Jean Kerr, The Snake Has All the Lines
Hitler destroyed the German university with design; we destroyed ours without. ~Martin H. Fischer
Five great enemies to peace inhabit with us: avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride. If those enemies were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace. ~Francesco Petrarch
I'm a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant. ~Paul Newman
The harsh, useful things of the world, from pulling teeth to digging potatoes, are best done by men who are as starkly sober as so many convicts in the death-house, but the lovely and useless things, the charming and exhilarating things, are best done by men with, as the phrase is, a few sheets in the wind. ~H.L. Mencken, Prejudices, Fourth Series, 1924
Every man has a property in his own person. This nobody has a right to, but himself. ~John Locke
Yes, this is what good is: to forgive evil. There is no other good. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin
Prosperity is a great teacher; adversity is a greater. ~William Hazlitt
A racehorse is an animal that can take several thousand people for a ride at the same time. ~Author Unknown
If Creation were a crime, would not God be the prime suspect? ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
The race advances only by the extra achievements of the individual. You are the individual. ~Charles Towne
We have, I fear, confused power with greatness. ~Stewart Udall
Five days shalt thou labour, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God's. The sixth day is for football. ~Anthony Burgess
Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination. ~Voltaire
Blushing is the color of virtue. ~Diogenes
If I find a film dull, I find it infinitely more entertaining to watch the scratches. ~Norman McLaren If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment