famous leadership quotes
O jealousy! thou magnifier of trifles. ~Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller
Science does not know its debt to imagination. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
You can't get rid of poverty by giving people money. ~P.J. O'Rourke, A Parliament of Whores
I learned more about economics from one South Dakota dust storm than I did in all my years in college. ~Hubert Humphrey, speech, 1960
The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles? ~John Adams, letter to Thomas Jefferson, 20 June 1815
The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket. ~Kin Hubbard
I'll quit coffee. It won't be easy drinking my Bailey's straight, but I'll get used to it. It'll still be the best part of waking up. ~From the television show Will and Grace
the civil service examination. ~Ronald Reagan
Being with a woman all night never hurt no professional baseball player. It's staying up all night looking for a woman that does him in. ~Casey Stengel
The outward man is the swinging door; the inner man is the still hinge. ~Eckhart
I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer. ~Jim Carrey
My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot. ~Ashleigh Brilliant
You don't realize how little accuracy there is in network TV reporting until they cover a story in your hometown. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
Knowledge of history frees us to be contemporary. ~Lynn White, Jr.
When I think about all the patients and their loved ones that I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don't remember me nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them and they to me and those threads make up the beautiful tapestry in my mind that is my career in nursing. ~Donna Wilk Cardillo, A Daybook for Beginning Nurses
Some people have cats and go on to lead normal lives. ~Author Unknown
Isn't it amazing the way the future succeeds in creating an appropriate past? ~John Leonard
Be it true or false, what is said about men often has as much influence on their lives, and especially on their destinies, as what they do. ~Victor Hugo
You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it. ~Author Unknown
I feel that I am a citizen of the American dream and that the revolutionary struggle of which I am a part is a struggle against the American nightmare. ~Eldridge Cleaver
No comments:
Post a Comment