islamic quotes on death
Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to weave. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960
During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970
Moral: a peerless maxim enumerated by God in his Holy Bible, such as that of Deut. 23:1, if your testicles are crushed or your male member missing, you must never enter a sanctuary of the Lord. ~Donald Morgan
Tobacco, divine, rare superexcellent tobacco, which goes far beyond all panaceas, potable gold and philosopher's stones, a sovereign remedy to all diseases. ~Robert Burton, Anatomy of Melancholy
Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me, and just be my friend. ~Albert Camus
The kaleidoscope of colour which is my life, shows the interesting choices I've made along the way. ~Antie Koekie, http://antiekoekie.co.za
It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived. ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 11
There is no bore we dread being left alone with so much as our own minds. ~James Russell Lowell
If God dropped acid, would he see people? ~Steven Wright
Habits are safer than rules; you don't have to watch them. And you don't have to keep them, either. They keep you. ~Frank Crane
Criticizing another's garden doesn't keep the weeds out of your own. ~Author Unknown
Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown
If experience was so important, we'd never have had anyone walk on the moon. ~Doug Rader
Whenever science makes a discovery, the devil grabs it while the angels are debating the best way to use it. ~Alan Valentine
He struggles to exude authority. He furrows his brow, trying to look more sagacious, but he ends up looking as if he has indigestion. Appearing confused at his own speech, he seems like a first-grade actor in a production of James and the Giant Peach. Are his blinks Morse code for "Oh, man, don't let that teleprompter break?" ~Maureen Dowd, about George W. Bush
America is so vast that almost everything said about it is likely to be true, and the opposite is probably equally true. ~James T. Farrell
When a man says to me, "I have the intensest love of nature," at once I know that he has none. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1857
It is to the credit of human nature, that, except where its selfishness is brought into play, it loves more readily than it hates. Hatred, by a gradual and quiet process, will even be transformed to love, unless the change be impeded by a continually new irritation of the original feeling of hostility. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily. ~Gerald Good
No comments:
Post a Comment