Sunday, April 17, 2011

quotes for family

quotes for family





quotes for family quotes for family quotes for family



quotes for family quotes for family quotes for family







All of us have had the experience of a sudden joy that came when nothing in the world had forewarned us of its coming - a joy so thrilling that if it was born of misery we remembered even the misery with tenderness. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939, translated from French by Lewis Galantiere



What would be the use of immortality to a person who cannot use well a half an hour. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder. ~Ralph W. Sockman



Error is a hardy plant; it flourishes in every soil. ~Martin F. Tupper



I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day. ~Abraham Lincoln



There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves. ~Thomas Wolfe



No one sees what is before his feet: they scan the tracks of heaven. ~Marcus Tullius Cicero



I have seen the future and it is very much like the present - only longer. ~Kehlog Albran



Resentment is an extremely bitter diet, and eventually poisonous. I have no desire to make my own toxins. ~Neil Kinnock



A sequel is an admission that you've been reduced to imitating yourself. ~Don Marquis



Drinking without being thirsty and making love at any time, Madame, are the only things that distinguish us from other animals. ~Pierre-Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais, The Marriage of Figaro, 1784, translated



That the very next day I would no longer possess those swooning eyes, those devouring lips, the nightly renewed miracle of that body with its divine contours and savage embraces; and, after long spasms as powerful as sin and as deep as death.... ~"The Mission," Chapter 8



If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days. ~Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar



I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead. ~Woody Allen



The best part of happiness is the pines. ~Terri Guillemets



There are two days in the week about which and upon which I never worry... Yesterday and Tomorrow. ~Robert Jones Burdette



Hamlet: Is this a prologue, or the posy of a ring?



He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts. ~Samuel Johnson



I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay. ~Madonna Ciccone



The poor in our countries have been shut out of our minds and driven from the mainstream of our societies, because we have allowed them to become invisible. ~Martin Luther King, Jr., Nobel Prize lecture, 11 December 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment