Wednesday, April 27, 2011

quotes on exams

quotes on exams





quotes on exams quotes on exams quotes on exams



quotes on exams quotes on exams quotes on exams







If we do not end war - war will end us. Everybody says that, millions of people believe it, and nobody does anything. ~H.G. Wells, Things to Come (the "film story"), Part III, adapted from his 1933 novel The Shape of Things to Come, spoken by the character John Cabal (Thanks Bill!)



If you are not happy here and now, you never will be. ~Taisen Deshimaru



I don't like watching golf on TV. I can't stand whispering. ~David Brenner



A kind word is like a Spring day. ~Russian Proverb



I am my own heaven and hell! ~J.C.F. von Schiller



I realize why women die in childbirth - it's preferable. ~Sherry Glaser



Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. ~Bill Watterson



Tennis is an addiction that once it has truly hooked a man will not let him go. ~Russell Lynes



Now the only thing I miss about sex is the cigarette afterward. Next to the first one in the morning, it's the best one of all. It tasted so good that even if I had been frigid I would have pretended otherwise just to be able to smoke it. ~Florence King



I would go to heaven, but I would take my hell; I would not go alone. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin



Excuses are the tools with which persons with no purpose in view build for themselves great monuments of nothing. ~Steven Grayhm



Is a smile a question? Or is it the answer? ~Lee Smith



I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates. ~T.S. Eliot



It must be emphasized that nonviolent resistance is not a method for cowards; it does resist. If one uses this method because he is afraid or merely because he lacks the instruments of violence, he is not truly nonviolent. This is why Gandhi often said that if cowardice is the only alternative to violence, it is better to fight. ~Martin Luther King, Jr., Stride Toward Freedom: The Montgomery Story, 1958



In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. ~Blaise Pascal



Grandchildren don't stay young forever, which is good because Pop-pops have only so many horsey rides in them. ~Gene Perret



He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. ~Benjamin Franklin



Coquetry whets the appetite; flirtation depraves it. Coquetry is the thorn that guards the rose - easily trimmed off when once plucked. Flirtation is like the slime on water-plants, making them hard to handle, and when caught, only to be cherished in slimy waters. ~Ik Marvel Corn can't expect justice from a court composed of chickens. ~African Proverb



Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled "This could change your life." ~Helen Exley



A smile confuses an approaching frown. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment