laksa penang
The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes. ~Agatha Christie
Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. ~Michael Leunig
If God wanted us to be brave, why did He give us legs? ~Marvin Kitman
Those who have compared our life to a dream were right.... We sleeping wake, and waking sleep. ~Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1580 Those who have prophesied dreadful consequences as a result of the greater sexual freedom which the young assert - unwanted babies, venereal disease and so on - are usually the very same people who seek the fulfillment of their prophecies by opposing the free availability to the young of contraception and the removal of the stigma and mystification that surround venereal disease. ~Colin Ward, Anarchy in Action
Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October�s days. ~Author Unknown
I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame. ~Job 29:14-15
Long A: The most frequently asked question I get is on copyright and permissions, from people working on projects to be published. If you need permission to use a particular quote, that request would need to go through the original author or their publishing company. I am not familiar with the copyright guidelines for using individual quotations in published materials such as greeting cards and calendars. Some cases might be covered under fair use, but if in doubt you will probably want to request permission. An exception is material from authors who died more than 95 years ago, in which case the copyright has likely expired. As far as I am aware, compilations such as this site and other published quotation anthologies are covered under fair use. To learn more, visit the U.S. Copyright Office's extensive FAQ at copyright.gov or search Google for copyright, fair use (U.S.), or fair dealing (international).
A dream is a microscope through which we look at the hidden occurrences in our soul. ~Erich Fromm (Thanks, Sarah)
Little dew-drops of celestial melody. ~Thomas Carlyle
Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will. ~James Stephens, The Crock of Gold
Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo
Performing enhancing drugs are banned in the Olympics. Okay, we can swing with that. But performance debilitating drugs should not be banned. Smoke a joint and win the hundred meters, fair play to you. That's pretty damn good. Unless someone's dangling a Mars bar off in the distance. ~Eddie Izzard
Jealousy and love are sisters. ~Russian Proverb
When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that is in itself a choice. ~William James
My religious position: I think that God could do a lot better, and I'm willing to give Him the chance. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
A waist is a terrible thing to mind. ~Tom Wilson
I got the blues thinking of the future, so I left off and made some marmalade. It's amazing how it cheers one up to shred oranges and scrub the floor. ~D.H. Lawrence
Chess is a foolish expedient for making idle people believe they are doing something very clever when they are only wasting their time. ~George Bernard Shaw Chess is a sea in which a gnat may drink and an elephant may bathe. ~Indian Proverb
Man is a blind, witless, low brow, anthropocentric clod who inflicts lesions upon the earth. ~Ian McHarg
Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
No comments:
Post a Comment